Baby shower invites are all about creating great first impressions and making guests want to come to your shower! That’s why you must give some thought to choosing effective invitations.
We’ve seen invites where the baby shower invitation wording was really off or something else about the invitation was not quite ok. And that’s quite unnecessary. It isn’t all that difficult to get the invite just right for your shower.
Here are a few simple things you need to check out in an invite when planning baby showers.
- First off, should you send invites for baby showers, or should you just call everyone up and let them know? It’s almost always better to send written invitations. Because then the guest has every detail at her fingertips – she need not wonder about the exact time, date or anything else.
- When should you send out invitations? Preferably at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to the shower. If you’re calling out-of-towners, send the shower invite even earlier, to allow then to finalize travel plans.
- Should you buy invites or make them yourself? If you have a bit of time and creativity, the latter is by far the best option. But this may not be everyone’s cup of tea. There are excellent baby shower invitations available online and off.
- What should you write in an invite for baby showers? Check out this article on baby shower invitation wording for the details.
- Should you include directions? If many invitees are unfamiliar with the venue, definitely yes. Your guests may arrive from different highways – give directions from them all. Drive yourself, notice all the landmark details and mention those. Include a map too.
- If your baby shower has a theme, the invite should be in sync with the theme. You can get baby shower invitations for every theme imaginable – twins, moon & stars, animals, all kinds of baby objects, fairy tales, nursery rhymes and lots more.
- If you plan on having a rain date for the baby shower, mention that in your invitation.
- Then there’s the other side of invites – thank you notes. The guest of honor should invariably send thank you notes soon after the baby shower. Thank each guest specifically for their gift. Also include a comment on exactly how she’ll find it useful. Nothing beats a personal touch in thank you notes.
Take care of these simple basics, review our article on wording for baby shower invitations and you’ll be on your way to a great start for your shower!